Saturday, July 4, 2009

Camping, Where?

For anyone who has gone camping before, you know there are many good places to go camping. But there are others and for the newest outdoors man, there is always a interesting place to go. I have slept on many places, a cave, a cliff, a plain, on a river. You just need to look. For instance, all states have a State Park System. There is a park probably not too far from where you are right now. For those who like to get off the beaten path, you could go cave camping. Around the county, many different caves offer opportunities to camp there. I'll post some links later hopefully.

In order to really enjoy camping, you sometimes need to think outside the box. Normally when your on a long kayak or canoe trip your on the move constantly. Finding a small inlet or secluded island is always a reward for any person. Whatever your trip is, with your family, a paddling expedition, a backpacking excursion, where you camp can be a challenging and enjoyable experience.

National Park Service: http://www.nps.gov/

More specific areas to camp will be covered later, so stay tuned! If you have a favorite place, comment to leave it here! I'm coming up with the best places to camp, so I might include it!

No comments:

Post a Comment